Today marks day 4 of going to the gym. Out of the four, I have felt glad to be going (even if I wasn’t so glad to be awkwardly trying to create another work out system) … two of the days have been me dragging myself. I truly did not want to leave my cozy home where I could sip coffee and read the Bible and write and more while watching the leaves falling from every window view. I did not want to put on the same boring work out attire I’ve had for years. I didn’t want to fight different tensions in my shoe laces to help my feet since there are callouses already forming.
I didn’t want to but I did. That is huge right now, HUGE.
I broke the power laziness has on me and replaced it with movement. Positive changes are in motion… at least for this minute.
Today’s gym time was over an hour!
Our brunch was:
A large bowl of Romaine lettuce topped with cubed mango, bitty chopped apple and red onion, freshly grated ginger, shredded: purple cabbage, carrots, yellow squash, cucumbers, beets, and sliced tomato. We ate it with this dressing:
- ½ cup raw tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 clove garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup water, or more for desired consistency
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy! Add more water to thin, if desired. (It will thicken up once chilled.)
- Serve generously over your favorite veggies, or as a dip.